(1) Grand Haven Art Festival — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday on Washington Avenue in downtown Grand Haven. The street is transformed into an outdoor art gallery. You can purchase unique art directly from the artist. On Saturday, the festival includes a Family Fun Day with arts and crafts from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
(2) Free Waterfront Concert — 5-7 p.m. Saturday at the Lynne Sherwood Waterfront Stadium, Grand Haven. Sweet Justice is a local cover band that plays classic rock in addition to many other genres. The band is primarily local public safety officers. Admission is free. Bring a picnic and enjoy the summer evening.
(3) Peter Asher and Jeremy Clyde — 8 p.m. Saturday at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Peter Asher (of Peter & Gordon) and Jeremy Clyde (of Chad & Jeremy) return with a multi-media concert tracing the history of rock and the British Invasion. Tickets start at $30; available online or by calling 616-930-4755.
(4) Craft Show at First Reformed Church — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of the downtown Grand Haven church, 301 Washington Ave. More than 40 vendors are expected. Admission is free. There will also be a pig roast with pork sandwiches for sale. All proceeds go to a charity that is chosen by the church.
(5) Soccer in the Sand — all day, all weekend, at Grand Haven State Park. Bring your beach chairs and enjoy the competition.
Ladies Aid Rummage Sale — 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to noon at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 527 Taylor Ave., Grand Haven.
Dinner and a Movie Night — 6 p.m. Friday at The Momentum Center for Social Engagement, 714 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven.
Wetland Exploration — 3-4:30 p.m. Sunday at Hemlock Crossing, 8115 W. Olive Road., West Olive.
Parties in the Park — 5-9 p.m. Friday at Hackley Park, 350 W. Webster Ave., Muskegon.