(1) Kite Festival of Grand Haven — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday on the Grand Haven State Park beach. This replaces the 30-year Great Lakes Kite Festival, which had its farewell a year ago. There will still be the incredible giant inflatable kites, beautifully flown choreographed musical routines and space for the public to fly kites. Admission is free.
(2) Prom with a Purpose — 7-11 p.m. Friday at Harbourfront Place, 41 Washington Ave., downtown Grand Haven. This is an annual fundraiser for Extended Grace, which supports many community activities and The Momentum Center. All high school students and adults are welcome. Come by yourself, as a couple or with a group. Prom wear from any era is encouraged; however, casual dress is also welcome. Your $25 ticket will include dinner, dancing and prom activities. A cash bar is also available for ages 21 and older. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-414-9111.
(3) “The Miracle Worker” — 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Grand Haven High School, 17001 Ferris St. The amazing story of Helen Keller will be staged in the intimate Buccaneer Little Theatre, Room 9215. Tickets are $10.
(4) “Sylvia!” — 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Grand Haven Community Center, 421 Columbus Ave. Tickets are $10 to $15. This is the second weekend of the Central Park Players production.
(5) Trio Abelia concert — 2-3 p.m. Sunday at Loutit District Library, 407 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven. Trio Abelia performs original works for oboe, horn and piano. Abelia is a Hebrew name meaning “breath”— through instruments and the breath of life through music together. The trio: Geralyn Giovannetti is professor of oboe at Brigham Young University in Utah, Denise Root Pierce is professor of horn at Eastern Michigan University, and pianist David Palmer is professor emeritus at the University of Windsor. Admission is free. This is the conclusion of the library’s Sunday Afternoon Concert Series, until September.
Twilight Hike — 8:30-10:30 p.m. Friday at Hemlock Crossing, 8115 W. Olive Road, West Olive.
Greenway Birding Blitzes — 7-8:30 a.m. Saturday at Grand Haven’s north pier; and 9-11 a.m. Saturday at Ottawa Sands County Park, Ferrysburg.