(1) Coast Guard Festival Kids Parade — 10:30 a.m. Saturday. This shorter of the festival’s two parades (the Grand Parade, of course, is next Saturday) winds its way through the downtown. “Everyday Heroes, Centuries of Service” is the theme. The parade route starts at Fifth and Franklin, heads west on Franklin to First, north to Washington, then east back to Fifth Street.
(2) Coast Guard Festival Cardboard Boat Race — 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Lynne Sherwood Waterfront Stadium, Grand Haven. Two classes of racers will be featured in the 200-yard contest in the river in front of the stadium. Admission is free.
(3) Cruise-In Car Show — 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday in downtown Grand Haven. More than 250 classics will be on display on a closed-off Washington Avenue.
(4) Coast Guard Festival Community Picnic — 1-4 p.m. Sunday at Coast Guard Park, Ferrysburg. This free event hosted by the City of Ferrysburg includes food, games and music. Its rich history can be traced back to the first community picnic for the Coast Guard nearly 100 years ago. You’ll find the park off North Shore Drive.
(5) “The Lion King Jr.” — 7:30 p.m. Thursday, 7:30 p.m. Friday, and 2 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Grand Haven Community Center, 421 Columbus Ave. Tickets for this Central Park Players production are $15 for adults, and $10 for students and senior citizens. To purchase tickets, call 616-843-3806 or visit centralparkplayers.org.
Tribute to Early AC/DC — 9:15 p.m. Saturday at the Eagles, at Second and Columbus, Grand Haven. Fundraiser for WAWL (103.5 FM). Gates open at 5 p.m. $10 raffle ticket gets you in, with the $1,000 prize drawn 10-11 p.m.
Lighthouse Quilt Guild Show: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday at St. Patrick’s Church, 901 Columbus Ave., Grand Haven.
Coast Guard Festival Flea Market: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday on Seventh Street, between Washington and Columbus avenues.
Sarah Potenza concert: 8 p.m. at Seven Steps Up, 116 S. Jackson St., Spring Lake. Admission: $25 to $35.
Bruce in the USA: 8 p.m. Friday at Waterfront Stadium, Grand Haven. Admission: $12.
Movies on Deck: “Mulan”: 10 p.m. Friday at USS LST 393 Museum, 560 Mart St., Muskegon.
Photograph Like the Pros: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Hemlock Crossing, 8115 W. Olive Road, West Olive.
Hotel California: 8 p.m. Saturday at Waterfront Stadium, Grand Haven. Admission: $12.
Prairie Wildflower Walks: 2-3:30 p.m. Sunday at Hemlock Crossing, 8115 W. Olive Road, West Olive.
Worship on the Waterfront: 7-8:30 p.m. Sunday at Waterfront Stadium, Grand Haven.