(1) Rockin’ the Boardwalk — 2-9 p.m. Saturday at the Lynne Sherwood Waterfront Stadium, Grand Haven. Radio station WMPA (93.1 FM) is hosting this evening of live music, food and drinks. You must be 21 and older to get in, but admission is free. The event kicks off with “Yappy Hour” presented by Must Love Dogs. The band lineup: Beer for Breakfast, Trixy Tang, Ruxy Muzik and headliner Jake Kershaw.
(2) Lakeshore Art Festival — 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday at 380 W. Western Ave. in downtown Muskegon. The festival features a blend of unique juried fine art, hand-crafted goods, entertainment, artisan food and more. This year’s event will host a Children’s Lane Experience centered around the theme of butterflies. Admission is free.
(3) Holland Summer Concert Series — 6:30-8:30 p.m. Friday at the Kollen Park Bandshell, 240 Kollen Park Drive, Holland. Friday night’s music is by The Kari Lynch Band. Admission is free. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets and a picnic basket.
(4) Movies on Deck: “Air Force One” — 10 p.m. Friday on deck of the USS LST 393 Museum, 560 Mart St., Muskegon. Harrison Ford is the president! Admission is free; donations accepted. Bring your own seating.
(5) Muskegon RockStock — through Saturday night at Heritage Landing, downtown Muskegon. The festival includes live rock music, raffles, face painting, food and beverages. Admission is $10 per day for ages 3 and older, and three-day passes are $25. Active duty military and veterans get in free.
First Friday Art Hop — 6-8 p.m. Friday at C2C Gallery, 104 Washington Ave., Grand Haven.
First Friday Dance with Silverado — 7-10 p.m. Friday at D&W Fresh Market, 1116 Robbins Road, Grand Haven.
Wildlife Encounter: Kids! In Tune with Hummingbirds — 3-4:30 p.m. Sunday at Hemlock Crossing, 8115 W. Olive Road, West Olive.